About 70% of the Earth is covered in water. Your probably thinking," Why care about water conservation when there's so much of it?". There's a simple answer to your questions. There is only 2.5% of freshwater on Earth and only 1% of it is drinkable. You may wonder how only 1% of the freshwater is drinkable. Well, the other 1.5% of freshwater is trapped in icebergs or glaciers making it hard to get to. All living things on Earth need water to survive. It's just a simple known fact at that. We need water to cook, bath, live, etc. According to the United Nations 2/3 of the world population will live with water scarcity. So stop using all our water and take a stand. Conserve water now and not later when its to late. We only have a limited amount of freshwater so use it wisely.
Ways to conserve water
1. Don't take an extra long shower in the morning or at night just to feel it running down your back. Use it to wet and rinse off your hair and to rinse your body off. You could also cut off the shower if your just letting the conditioner sit in.
2. Check for leaking pipes. A small drip can waste 20 gallons of water a day.
3. Don't keep the water running while brushing your teeth. Turn it on to wet your toothbrush or rinse it off.
4. Only wash clothes if you have a full load. Don't throw in one piece of clothing and let the washer run.
5. Only wash dishes in a dishwasher if you have a full load. Again, don't throw in one dish and let the dishwasher run.