By Sam Moore
Definition- made of clear, brilliant glass.
Sentence- Mother was very proudof her crystal glasses.
Definition- tough and strong.
Sentence- With sinewy hands, he carved the stone.
Definition- Strong and muscular.
Sentence- The piano had mover hand brawny arms.
Sentence- The parson had a deep voice that was easily herd in the rear pews.
Definition- shaped by hammering
Sentence- The fence was wrought iron made by my uncle.
Definition- upper legs and hips of an animal.g
Sentence- The dog sat on his haunches in my back.
Questions and answers:
1. A dog would not sit on its haunches if it were running because it is running not sitting.
2. Yes because he would be strong and musclular.
3. I would espect a stone carver to have sinewy hands because he deals with a lot of hard and sharp tools.
4. Yes because crystal is very fragel.
5. Yes because a Parson is a minister.
6. Yes because wrought iron is made by hammering iron together to make a fence.