Rebeca Bosques, 6th period
April 18th, 2014
University Of Texas At Austin
Founded in 1883
Located in Austin Texas
Colors are Burnt Orange and White
Mascot in Bevo the Longhorn
Tuition fees: $9,000 (in state)- $30,000 (out-of-state)
92% of undergrads are from Texas, the rest are from the other 50 states and foreign countries
- 56% White
- 18% Hispanic
- 17% Asian American
Full time students: 16500 men and 18110 women.
All students must: maintain a GPA of 2.0, and complete 120 to 167 semester hours,
- 78% of the students graduate
- 8% don't go past the 1st year
- Average of 12,000 degrees awarded yearly
Student Honor Code: "As a student of the University of Texas at Austin, I shall abide by the core values of the University and uphold academic integrity"
"Drinking, I'm afraid I did. Football was big, but I never went to the games" - Scott Gardner "When I was at U.T., you could legally drink at 18"
Going to the Darrell K Royal-Texas memorial stadium, which opened in 1924, more than 101,000 fans gather to watch the longhorns
Academic/Social Life Reputation
- Learning- A caring community, all of us students, helping one another grow.
- Discovery- expanding knowledge and human understanding
- Freedom- to seek the truth and express it
- Leadership- the will to excel within integrity and the spirit that nothing is impossible
- Individual Opportunity- many options, diverse people united as one university
- Responsibility- to serve as a catalyst for positive change in Texas and beyond
12 undergraduate schools and 15 graduate schools
- 9% of the men belong to 27 national fraternities
- 14% of the women belong to 23 national sororities
"About UT." Home. The University of Texas at Austin, n.d. Web. 14 Apr. 2014.
Gardner, Scott. Personal Interview. 18 Apr. 2014
The College Division of Barron's Educational Series, ed. Barron's Profiles of American Colleges, 2011. Hauppauge, NY: Barron's Educational Series, 2010. Print.
The Longhorns. 2009. Austin. The Wall Street Journal. Web. 20 Apr. 2014.
University of Texas Tower. N.d. Austin. Ellen Yeates. Web. 20 Apr. 2014.
UT Health Science Center Seal. N.d. Austin. UT Health Science Center. Web. 20 Apr. 2014.
Vanderberg, Tom. College Handbook, 2013. New York: College Board, 2012. Print.