government and public administration
some careers in this cluster are: Chief Executive , Regulatory Affairs Specialist , Urban and Regional Planner
Executing governmental functions including governance, national security, foreign service, planning, revenue and taxation, regulation, and management and administration at the local, state and federal levels.
- Holds public meetings with government officials, social scientists, lawyers, developers, the public, and special interest groups to formulate, develop or address issues regarding land use or community plans.
- Discusses with planning officials the purpose of land use projects such as transportation, conservation, residential, commercial, industrial, and community use.
- Recommends approval, denial or conditional approval of proposals.
Urban and Regional Planner:
- Develops policies and procedures for an agency.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of workers.
- Prepares budgets, and monitors expenditures.
Regulatory Affairs Specialist:
- Coordinates, prepares, or reviews regulatory submissions for domestic or international projects.
- Provides technical review of data or reports that will be incorporated into regulatory submissions to assure scientific rigor, accuracy, and clarity of presentation.
- Reviews product promotional materials, labeling, batch records, specification sheets, or test methods for compliance with applicable regulations and policies.