Common Assessments For Math.....
- You create the assessments before you plan instruction.
- The first time you look at an assessment, should NOT be when you give the test!
- 60% of math Florida Standards are written on DOK Level 1 & 2's.
- Your assessment should assess to the level of the standards.
- Make sure you address DOK 1 & 2 and extend DOK 3 & 4.
- Do DOL level 2 in class, but ask level 3 & 4 questions.
- You should have a grade level commonality on how you administer the test..
- Do not send the assessments home until everyone on your grade level has given the test.
- The common assessment can be performance, product or paper/pencil.
- Remember to ask the 4 important questions....
- 1) How will we know when each student has acquired the essential skill?
- 2) What does mastery look like?
- 3) How will we respond when some students do not learn the skill?
- 4) How will we extend and enrich the learning for students who are already proficient?"
Birthdays.....8-25 Sharen Cox
Wednesday: Faculty Meeting - Grade Level WIGS
Thursday: 2:15 Cat. 1 and Cat. 2 Training in Conference Room
"The very essence of leadership is that you have to have a vision."- Theodore Hesburgh