Raffle for the Benefit of
Robin Renee Hix - Judy Sherrod Donates to Raffle
May 29 to June 7, 2015
Judy Sherrod has donated one of her 4x5 three inch deep pinhole cameras with film holder. The pinhole diameter is 0.0126 for f/238 and is one of Pinhole Billy's pinholes.
It rained and many are suffering.
Any of you out there that have ever tried to make a living from art will understand the amount of work, commitment, sacrifice, and perseverance it takes to succeed. Robin Renee Hix is a Photographic Artist from Wimberley that makes her living from her Art. She lost just about everything in the recent catastrophic flood on the Blanco River. Amanda and I recently had Robin attend one of our encaustic workshops -- she was a joy to be around. Her story about wanting to go to art school, being discouraged by the powers that be, and becoming a beautician instead is a great one. She ultimately found her own art school. She has a fantastic smile.
We want to help Robin.
A Smith Gallery is sponsoring a raffle. For the next week we will sell raffle tickets at ten dollars each for a raffle of the following items:
1. An encaustic image that Amanda and Kevin will create for this event
2. Carol Erb's fine art print "Adrift"
3. Geoffrey Agrons fine art print "Needle and Thread"
4. Vicky Stormee's fine art print "Dreams of Flight 7"
5. Adam Bartlett's framed image "Thunderbird Marfa"
6. Diane Fenster's fine art print "Rule of Three"
7. Anne Berry's hand pulled photogravure print " Armadillo", 3/10
8. David Morel's fine art print "Ice and Fog"
9. A 4x5 pinhole camera made by Judy Sherrod
There will now be a nine drawings for the nine prizes. All proceeds will go to the YouCaring fundraiser for Robin.
We hope you will participate. Art can be hard. Art is bliss. Art is necessary.
The winning raffle ticket holder will be announced via email and on the gallery facebook page Monday morning, June 8. If you wish to purchase more than one ticket, please email Amanda and request a paypal bill for the number of tickets you wish to purchase.
(The image above is a hand colored silver gelatin print entitled "Girl Hanging Upside Down on Blanco" by Robin Renee Hix.)