Schoology vs. Handouts
Schoology- A learning management system for K-12 schools. Allows user to create, manage and share content and resources.
- Attendance records
- Blogging/class discussions
- Bigger learning system
- Time limit options
- Grades accessed only through homepage
- Codes for students are too long
- Sophisticated and challenging
- Requires too much time to learn the system
- Hard to navigate quiz and attendance pages
Handouts- A learning system that allows teachers to schedule, assign and deliver worksheets, homework and tests. Students can complete work and send it back in for the teacher to grade.
- Grades Worksheets
- Lets you type, draw, etc.
- Easy system to go by
- Gives students a section for each class
- Sends work to the whole class
- Many errors occur in the system
- System is slow
- You can't delete your unneeded work
- Work doesn't always save
- Once you send work you can't go back and look at it