Enterprise Mobility Services are Growing Slowly – but Gradually…!!
All Thanks to the amazing technology - Enterprise Mobility Solutions, now workplaces are no longer restricted to an 8 × 8 cubicle!
Enterprise mobility services have broken all conventional barriers and are becoming a top priority for increasing number of organizations. Tough, it is on top of every to-do lists; lots of business leaders are finding it difficult to actually prepare a strong strategy – and various other barriers including lack of right technologies and adequate resources. And these challenges are not restricted to a particular industry or company – they have gradually evolved as a universal problem, faced by entrepreneurs of all shapes and sizes across the globe.
Over a period of time, several studies have been undertaken; involving decisions-makers from all walks of a company right from IT to finance. These studies have a lot to say; however, in this article, we shall filter it down and list down a few persistent, challenges that need a well-planned and strong approach.
Mobile Deployments is not a Cakewalk
- Developing enterprise mobility solutions may sound easy, however; the deployment is equally difficult.
- Only 11% of respondents claim that it was fully implemented - not a very promising number as such and gives a ‘grim’ picture – overall.
- Not to forget - around 68% of respondents are currently upgrading or expanding their mobility solutions – the silver lining!
- Several industries have “taken their first crucial step” when it comes to mobility. Tough small in scale, MDM and VPN deployments, are adding up new capabilities – regularly.
- However, too many vaulted deployments may create management and support issues for IT. As an alternative, you can focus on what are the requirements of the workforce. And then combine the content into a portable workspace making it available to people.
BYOD is Gaining Popularity – Gradually…!!!
- Mere 42% of respondents supported BYO tablets and smartphone, while around 38% backed the idea of BYO laptops.
- Future of BYO seems to be quite promising: 35% are planning to configure BYO smartphones and tablets and 25% for BYO laptops.
- BYO surely has immense potential and some organizations are investing substantial amount, time and efforts.
- A lot of organizations are facing issues with privacy, and compliance. Not only this, the risk management concerns of device ownership models also give nightmares to enterprises.
- The correct thing to do is to focus on securing data and applications that are used; rather than diverting all the attention on the device; to mitigate the risks. This approach ensures that irrespective of the device used; whether it is employee-owned or corporate-owned device – the content will be safe.
Enhanced Application Support for Mobile Devices
- Approx. 3/4th of respondents already have applications such as mailbox, calendar and a web browser on mobile devices. While these apps are fundamental to carry on enterprise mobility smoothly, they are not enough to raise the productivity.
- IT people know that these are not enough for enhanced productivity and efficiencies, a wave of application that supports CRM, file sync and share, note taking and collaboration are definitely make a positive impact.
- Integrated email and calendar on mobile devices is table stakes to ensure mobility solutions are in place.
However, to make mobility a hit among employees and get the best out of it – you must assess the application portfolios and determine how you can make the rest of the applications available to users. The best thing is to fuse various app management solutions that can securely provide mobile, web and SaaS apps making people easily access all the apps they need to complete their job.