Lights Bokan (Valerie Anne Poxleitner)
Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class
made by CG
Lights Poxleitner was born on April 11, 1987 in Timmins , Ontario and is still alive today.
Significant Events in History that Affected Lights's Life
- Became a musician at the age of 15
- Released her first single
- Married Beau Bokan
- Had a baby
- Given a gold certification by the Canadian Recording Industry Association
As the daughter of missionaries, Lights traveled all over the world such as, the Philippines, Jamaica, Ontario, and British Columbia.
People who influenced Lights
- Many different bands inspired her to become a musician
- Her parents inspired her to follow her dreams
- Her husband is the lead singer for Blessthefall
- Was proposed to through a fortune cookie
- Has a secret meaning behind the matching tattoo her and her husband have
- Had her first child on February 15, 2014 and named her Rocket Wild Bokan
- Becoming the latest music sensation in Canada
- Recorded a song (the song below) with her husband and his band, and it was put into the bands latest album "Hollow Bodies"
The Theme of Lights's life was...
To be a strong, positive, and unique individual, and to not care what anyone thinks about your style or opinion.
Lights's word of advice and what she taught me
- "Honestly, if you don't fit in, then you're probably doing the right thing."
- "It's not about trying to change the world, it's about trying not to let the world change you."
- "You have to be uncomfortable in order to be successful, in some ways. Because if you stay in your comfort zone, you never do the things you need to do."
- "No matter how big or small, female or male, brave or not brave, you can still be empowered and feel strong."
I didn't realize before reading about Lights that she had a big influence on my life. I've always looked up to her and listened to her music ever since I knew she existed. She has taught me how to be strong when times are rough, to speak my mind and heart, not to let people bring me down, and to love everything about myself and my life. Lights is a big inspiration to me. I'm glad that I got to read more about my favorite musician.