City Web Map Project
Shiykeya mason , computer science.
Cincinnati is a city in and the county seat of Hamilton County, Ohio, United States. Settled in 1788, the city is located on the north bank of the Ohio River at the Ohio−Kentucky border, near Indiana. The population within city limits was 296,943 according to the 2010 census making it Ohio's third-largest city. According to the 2011 Census Bureau estimate, the Cincinnati metropolitan area had a population of 2,138,038, the 27th most populous Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) in the United States and largest in Ohio. Residents of Cincinnati are called Cincinnatians.
Cincinnati facts !!
- The first ambulance service was established in Cincinnati in 1865.
- Cleveland boasts America's first traffic light. It began on Aug. 5, 1914.
- Ermal Fraze invented the pop-top can in Kettering.
- James J. Ritty, of Dayton, invented the cash register in 1879 to stop his patrons from pilfering house profits.
- "Hang On Sloopy" is the official state rock song.
- Cincinnati Reds were the first professional baseball team.
- The Y Bridge in Zanesville was first built in 1814 to span the confluence of the Licking and Muskingum Rivers. The current bridge is the fifth construction at the same location. "Ripley's Believe It or Not" proclaimed it the only bridge in the world which you can cross and still be on the same side of the river.
- Akron was the first city to use police cars.
- Cincinnati had the first professional city fire department.
- Akron is the rubber capital of the world.