Mrs. Dwyer's Mechanical Energy
Mrs. Dwyer's class learned about mechanical energy this week. We built catapults to test our design skills and learn how we can create as much mechanical energy as possible. We had a contest to see who could launch the candy corn the farthest.
1. What was difficult about building a catapult?
2. What worked and what didn't work when you were trying to find the greatest flight for your candy corn?
3. How are potential, kinetic, and mechanical energy related?
4. What real life examples can you connect from this experiment?
5. What will you do differently next time?