Learning English with me is fun.
What do you think about the video?
Total English Starter VOCABULARY LIST
good morning / afternoon / evening / night
nice to meet you / nice to meet you, too
no, thank you / thank you
Mrs. / Miss / Ms
hello / hi
Zero (oh),one, two three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten
A, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, I, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, y, z
I am from …..
What is your......?
Where in Turkey ?
male / female
(mobile) phone number
married X single
good to meet you
My, your, his, her, its, our, theiR
a / one hundred
one / a hundred and one
spell (how do you spell that?)
How old is she?
How to say email addresses
@ = at
. = dot
. com = dot com
- = dash
_ = underscore
This is the word list for you.
A. Read the text about Evans family and ask questions for the answers. An example is given(0).
THE EVANS FAMILY AT WORK
Paul Evans is a maths teacher. He is thirty-nine. He is at school now. His address is 34 King Street, Bristol. His wife Penny works in her office. She is a bank manager. Her phone number at work is 8309771. They have two children, Mark and Jane. Mark is ten and Jane is seven. They are at school now.
0. What’s his job? He is a teacher.
1. ___________________________? He’s thirty-nine.
2. ___________________________? 34 King Street, Bristol.
3. ___________________________? In her office.
4. ___________________________? 8309771
5. ___________________________? Yes, they are.
B-Circle the correct words.
My name is Mandy Stewart and I’m a morning person. I (1) get up / gets up at six o’clock. I drink a coffee (2) and /but I read the newspaper. I (3) don’t / doesn’t have a big breakfast and then I go (4) to/ at work. I live (5)in /on Oxford, a city in England. I live with my parents. I have a sister. (6)Her/ She name is Sandy. Sandy is a students and (7) study/studies literature at King’s College. (8) At / In the evenings I usually meet/ meet usually my friends in a pub and drink something and chat. There are (9) a lot of / a nice buildings and there (10) is / are a beautiful old theatre called The Globe.
C. Circle the correct words.
1. What’s he/ his surname?
2. How much are these / this shoes ?
3. I go out with / for my parents a lot.
4. It’s half past /to six.
5. My cousin is from Italy / Italian.
6. What / where do your parents live?
7. Are there some / any hotels in your town?
8. Harry watch / watches television in the evening
9. Does / Do Sam live in that house?
10. You never clean / cleans your teeth.
D. Correct each sentence or question.
0) I doesn’t like this film. don’t
1) Want do you wants? ___________
2) Jim walk sometimes to school. ___________
3) When the lesson begin? ___________
4) I don’t gets up early on Saturdays. ___________
5) Figen watchs TV every night. ___________
E. Read the conversation and fill in the blanks with one word. An example is given (0).
Customer: (0)__Excuse _ me. Do you have any birthday cards?
Shop assistant: Yes, they are over (1)________.
Customer: Thanks. (2)______much are they?
Shop assistant: They are 40 p each.
Customer: OK, These four birthday cards, please.
Shop assistant: Of course. (3)_________ else?
Customer: No, that’s (4)______, thanks.
Shop assistant: OK, that’s £8.59, please.
Customer: Here (5) ________ are.
Shop assistant: Thanks a lot. Goodbye.
F- Write the words for the definitions. The first letter is given. An example is given (0).
0) You write with it. P EN
1) You read it. B -- --- ---
2) S/he works at a school. T --- --- --- --- ---- ----
3) It is opposite of expensive. C --- --- --- ---
4) You drink it with tea or coffee. M ---- ---- ---
5) It is the first day of the week. M ---- --- --- --- ----
6) You send it to your friends from your holiday. P---- ---- --- --- ---- ---- ----
G- Read the article and write the names Sam and Sally in the blanks. An example is given(0).
My name is Sam Dawson and I’m 21 years old. I’m from England. I live in Manchester. I live with my girlfriend. I work for a big company. I work Monday to Friday and I always go to work y bus. I usually play tennis on Saturday.
Hi! I’m Sally Dawson. I’m 18 years old and I live in Rome, but I’m not from Italy. I’m American. I live with my parents. I go to an international school here. I usually walk to school. Every Saturday I meet my friends for coffee.
0) Sam doesn’t walk to school.
1) ______ to work by bus.
2) ______ goes to school on foot.
3) ______ doesn’t go to school.
4) ______ works for a big company.
5) ______ doesn’t work.
6) ______doesn’t work on Saturday.
7) ______doesn’t live in England.
8) ______ lives with his/ her family.
9) ______ is a student.
10) ______ works on weekdays.
H- Read the text about Bobbi Brown and answer the questions.
Bobbi Brown lives in New Jersey. She is thirty-four and works for SKY TV in New York City. But she doesn’t work on weekdays, she only works at weekends. She interviews famous people for an early morning news programme called The World This Weekend. On Saturdays and Sundays she gets up at 3:00 in the morning because she starts work at 6:30! She loves her job because it is very exciting.
Her weekdays are fast and domestic. She has two sons, Dylan,7, and Dakota,5. Every morning she gets up one hour before them, at 6:00, and she goes to the gym. She comes home and she makes breakfast, then she takes them to school. She usually cooks in the evenings but not every day because she doesn’t like cooking. Her husband, Don, loves cooking very much. On Tuesdays and Saturdays she visits her father. He lives on the next block. She never goes out on Fridays evenings because she starts work very early on Saturdays.
1. Where does Bobbie Brown live?
2. Does she work on weekdays?
3. What is her job?
4. What is the name of her programme?
5. Why does she love her job?
Read the text again and write (T) for true or (F) for false. An example is given(0).
0) She has two sons. F
1) She gets up at 6 o’clock at weekends. _____
2) Her sons are very young. _____
3) She likes cooking very much. _____
4) Bobbi and her husband go out on Friday. _____
5) Her father lives with them. _____