The Renaissance and Reformation
By: Cassidy Sargent
- He wrote 38 plays.
- He wrote 154 sonnets and two long poems.
- He wrote the plays, Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet, which are still very popular today.
- He invented and changed words, his vocabulary is still used today.
- He changed the performing arts community in many ways.
Timeline of William Shakespeare's Life.
1571- Shakespeare entered the local grammar school.
1582- Shakespeare marries Anne Hathaway
1583- William and Anne have their first child.
1589- Shakespeare wrote his first play.
1600- Shakespeare wrote one of his greatest plays, Hamlet.
John Calvin's Accomplishments.
- Majorly affected the direction of the Reformation.
- He published a book about his religious beliefs and how to organize a Protestant church.
- He greatly influenced Protestant education.
- He started Calvinism.
- Established the University of Geneva.
Timeline of John Calvin's Life.
1523- Calvin left his home, for Paris, to study.
1536- Published his first edition of "Institutes of the Christian Religion"
1541- Returned to Geneva, and Protestants in Geneva asked Calvin to lead their community.
1559- Published his final edition of "Institutes of the Christian Religion"
1559- He established the University of Geneva.
- He painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City.
- He sculpted the Pieta, a famous statue of Jesus and Mary.
- Carved the famous Statue of David.
- He set new standards of art and sculpting.
- He was also a poet and architect.
Timeline of Michelangelo's Life.
1497- Michelangelo moves to Rome.
1498-1499- Michelangelo sculpts the Pieta.
1502- He returns to Florence.
1504- He finishes carving the Statue of David.
1508-1512- Michelangelo paints the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.