Rumour Cubes are a six piece instrumental band that
fuse violin & viola, guitars, electronics and visual media into
extraordinary cinematic soundscapes.
Working with poets and film makers and writing custom music software to sync videos to their live performances, the band construct a multimedia experience where dense ambient textures and intricate rhythms underlie beautiful melodies highlighted by violin and viola.
What are Rumour Cubes up to right now?
- Rumour Cubes released their debut album The Narrow State on 27th February 2012
- The band headlined a packed launch show at The Horatia on Holloway Road
- On the back of good reviews, Rumour Cubes immediately returned to the studio to record a two-track single, which was released on 11th June with a headline launch show at Brick Lane’s Cafe 1001
- To tie-in with the release of the single, which was written for an Art Uncut show, Rumour Cubes created a microsite mapping the spending cuts that have been made since the coalition government took power
- The band have received radio play from BBC 6
Music’s Tom Robinson, appeared alongside Three Trapped Tigers and Her Name
Is Calla on Cheery Wave Collective and Sweeping The Nation
compilations, and supported Bardo Pond at Nambucca
- The Narrow State was nominated for Best Debut Album of 2012 by the website http://www.progawards.it