Welcome to our project
We are going to be telling you about energy sources, Non renewable and renewable resources, and 5 things that could be done at Faubion Middle School to make it more green.
My group decided that the sun is the best resource.
My team figured that solar power is the best energy source because it never dissapears and it never runs out.
The reason we decided the sun was the best because it's eco-friendly and it only leaves us when the storm clouds block it or night comes.
ACCORDING TO SECILIA'S RESEARCH
Renewable resources- Any resource such as wood or solar energy, that can or will be replenished naturally in the course of time.
Non-renewable resources- A resource of economic value that cannot be easily placed by natural means on a level equal to its consumption. Most fossil fuels, such as oil,natural gas, and coal are considered non-renewable resources in that their formation takes billions of year.
Advantages- 1. It is a renewable therefor sustainable and so it will never run out. 2. It is produced little or no waste products such as carbon dioxide or other chemical pollutants, so has mineral impact of the environment.
Disadvantages- 1. One disadvantage with renewable energy is that it is difficult to generate the quantities of electricity that are as large as those produced by traditional fossil fuel generators. This may mean that we need to reduce the amount of energy we use or simply build more energy facilities. it also indicates that the best solution to have a balance of many different power sources. 2. Another disadvantage of renewable energy sources is the reliability of supply. Renewable energy often relies on the weather for its sources of power. Hydro generators need rain to fill dams to supply flowing water wind turbines need wind to turn the blades, and solar collectors need clear skies and sun shine to collect heat and make electricity. When these resources are unavailable so is the capacity to make energy from them. This can be unpredictable and inconsistent. The current cost of renewable energy technology is also far in excess of traditional , fossil fuels generation. This is because it is a new technology and as such has extremely large capacity cost.
According To Brady's Research
Examples of Renewable Resources and short descriptions
1.Solar- Determined by the sun
2. Wind- The perceptible natural movement of the air
3. Biomass- The total mass of organisms in a given area or volume
4. Geothermal- Relating or produced by the internal heat of the earth
5. Hydropower- Electricity produced from machines that are run by moving water
Examples of Nonrenewable resources and a short description
1. Uranium- The chemical element of atomic number 92, a gray, dense radioactive metal used as a fuel in nuclear reactors
2. Propane- A flammable hydrocarbon gas of the alkane series
3. Natural gas- Flammable gas, consisting largely of methane and other hydrocarbons
4. Coal- A combustible black or dark brown rock consisting mainly of carbonized plant matter found mainly in underground deposits and widely used as fuel.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Nonrenewable resources
1. They are easily transported
2. They don't cost a lot of money
1. They cause pollution
2. They will eventually run out
According to Caden's research
Ways to conserve resources…
Recycling is a way to convert waste into reusable material. Some of the things you can recycle is glass bottles, drinking cans, and paper! By doing this we can keep using materials without ever running out!
Ways to conserve energy…
Energy is very important, for example, it powers the lights in our house, it powers the air conditioning in your homes, it powers your t.v. and so much more. Life would be very different without electricity. We need to save it.
Examples are-turning off lights when you leave a room. Plug electronics into a power strip, then turn the strip off when not in use. Avoid over-drying your clothes. Etc.
5 ways to conserve energy at faubion middle school....
1. Make sure the lights aren't on when you leave a classroom
2. Buy energy efficient lights or even less lights and more windows
3. When washing your hands don't leave the sink running
4. Buy solar panels to generate heat and power instead of a bill
5. Make sure you turn off the computers at the end of the day to save the battery on the computers that saves electricity.heat
According to Abigail's Research
Water is a transparent fluid because it forms with the world's lakes, ocean, sand and rain.Safe drinking water is that humans and other people provides no calories. Earth's water moves like a water cycle. Energy resources can be divided on the world is fossil fuel, nuclear fuel and renewable resources. Energy sources is that their are renewable, nuclear, petroleum, coal and natural gas. You can conserve resources by some wind, geothermal and ocean energy.