By: Holly H.
1. Jefferson was born April 13, 1743
2. He was born into one of the riches families in Virginia.
3. Jefferson attended the Collage of William and Mary.
4. He married Martha Wayles Skelton and had 6 kids with her.
5. Thomas Jefferson died July 4, 1826 50 years after the Declaration of Independence was finished.
1. Jefferson was the Governor of Virginia in 1779.
2. Elected into congress in 1775.
3. Jefferson was the first Secretary of State in 1790 to 1793.
4. He wrote the Declaration of Independence in 1776.
5. When he finished the Declaration of Independence he created a free nation.
6. Thomas Jefferson was also a Founding Father.
"We act not for ourselves but for the whole human race. The event of our experiment is to show whether man can be trusted with self - government." Thomas Jefferson