Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder- A mental condition caused by experiencing or seeing a terrifying event.
- About 7.8 percent of Americans between the ages 18 to 54 suffer from PTSD.
- People suffering from PTSD might avoid things from the trauma and they may have increased anxiety and changing emotions.
- Family therapy, medication and trauma focused cognitive behavior therapy can be used for PTSD treatment People suffering from PTSD can talk about it to the therapist.
- Their families can help by communicating better.Support groups vet center that offer free counseling to them out they family, hospitals set up trauma patients.
- (ptsdusa.org/camp-hope/) - What resources are available to help gain knowledge about PTSD
- (http://www.ptsd.ne.gov/) -How many people are affected by PTSD
- (http://www.helpguide.org/) - How can someone tell if they have PTSD