Preamble & Articles I, II, and III
by Ambralyn Minchew & Hannah Gschwind
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and out Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
ARTICLE I - Legislative
- Section I - The Congress of the United States must consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.
- Section II - The House of Representatives are Elected Members that are chosen by the People of the States. The Representatives have to meet the certain standards in order to become one. Three fifths of the free people are apportioned Taxes. When a Representative is vacant, a new one is elected.
- Section III - The Senate composes two people from each State that are chose by the Legislature. The Senate is divided into three Classes.
- Section IV - Time of meetings should be prescribed. They shall assemble at least once a year.
- Section V - Each house Judges the Elections, qualifies its members, and each does business.
- Section VI - Senators and Representatives receive compensation for their services.
- Section VII - All bills originate in the House of Representatives.
- Section VIII - Congress has power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts, and Excises, to pay debts.
- Section IX - This holds certain limits prohibited by the Congress.
- Section X - This also holds limits to what the states can do.
ARTICLE II - Executive
- Section I - We shall have a President of our country that rules for four years with a Vice President.
- Section II - The President shall be head of the Military Branches.
- Section III - The President should be able to give some of his time to the Congress, whatever time that is needed.
ARTICLE III - Judicial
- Section I - The judicial power of the US shall have one supreme court. The judges should have offices and receive for what they do.
- Section II - The judicial power has different kinds of cases, in which they state in this section.
- Section III - Treason against the US shall start war with their enemies. No one should be convicted of Treason unless there is witnesses and proof.