Week of 6/8/15
Miss Collins Classroom News
Late Start Mondays (school begins @ 9:05am)
- June 8
- 6/8: Author’s Tea (9:30-10:30) Students may be dressed nicely to capture some last first grade moments with friends! We plan to begin around 9:30 and will read in ABC order. We will have refreshments for you to enjoy as well. See you Monday!
- 6/10: Half Day (11:30 dismissal)
- 6/11: Last Day of School (11:30 dismissal) & Report Cards distributed
Wednesday: no special
End of the Year Wrap-Up!
Reading: We have spent time working on poetry and interpreting meaning to strengthen comprehension or finding the humor in some well-known poems.
Writing: Students have been great editors as we prepare for our Author’s Tea on Monday. Students have understood the process author’s call “revising” and why it’s always important to re-read your work to make sure it is the best quality it can be. Students are so excited to share their stories with you!
Science/Social Studies: Blooms in the room! Our Brassica flowers have finally opened and we have enjoyed observing the beautiful yellow flowers that have popped out to say hello! Look out for all of our observations in our New Plant journal coming home soon!
- BRING A BAG: Please send your child in with a large bag for locker and desk clean outs by Monday.
- Be sure to check the Mason Gazette for more information about next year.
- Thanks to all for an awesome end of the year party! The kids loved celebrating their accomplishments! Look out, second grade!
- This is the LAST newsletter of the year :)