Egypt Global Village

Throughout the 2014-2015 school year we have researched current events in Egypt. These are the most important events in Egypt today.

#1: Egypt's New president Abdel Fattah al- Sisi

This political cartoon shows the last two leaders of Egypt depicted on pillars and that they have fallen. Next to the fallen pillars is a pillar that says Al-Sisi, who is the new president. Al- Sisi's pillar is thicker than the others and appears to have a more sturdy base. Al Sisi is drawn on a ladder climbing up to the chair on top of his pillar. This shows that Al-Sisi is rising up and taking control despite the past failures in leadership

This infographic shows that Abdel Fattah al-Sisi is making changes in order to improve Egypt's economy. Egypt recently suffered its worst economic crisis since the 1930s. Al-Sisi has drawn attention to the changes he is making and the success they are promising. Al- Sisi's changes should help the Egyptian economy recover. Al- Sisi's changes lowered the unemployment rate.Al-Sisi's changes also helped the GDP of Egypt to grow.

#2: Pollution in Egypt

The pollution in Egypt affects the health of humans, animals, food, and can cause discomfort for the people and the country. An average Egyptian inhales 20 times more than the acceptable level of pollutants daily. The is the equivalent to one pack of cigarets. Egypt's lack of rain affects the cities because of the layout of tall buildings and narrow streets caused by ventilation and traps pollutants. Another thing that affects lower air quality is the desert with it's sandstorms. Winds pass through the deserts so fast that they can cover Egypt's cities in dust and sand. Each year more than 26 million tons of solid waste is generated and only 20% is recycled. The other 80% is taken to dumpsites or landfills.

#3: Egypt's Environmental Issues

Comment Stream