FLEP Show and Share
Goals of FLEP:
From the National Standards for Foreign Language Education
- Communicate in Languages Other Than English
- Gain Knowledge and Understanding of Other Cultures
- Connect with Other Disciplines and Acquire Information
- Develop Insight into the Nature of Language and Culture
- Participate in Multilingual Communities at Home and Around the World
- All students will grow one grade level or more during the course of the school year.
- Provide rich science experiences and targeted instruction in Spanish and scaffold with the English language when necessary.
- Start with scaffolding in Spanish language visually (visual literacy) and auditorily supported by the knowledge of the language acquisition process.
- Primary focus is growing students academically-FLEP is enrichment-Creek offers 3 layers of 2nd language learning.
Meet the TEAM
Abreu * Diaz * Gammon *Martinez * Yurasits * Mays * Castillo * Duhon * Arriazola * Smith
Here is how we start our day.
What do our students think about FLEP?
Teacher meeting time