By: Yvonne Betsinger
My career goal is to be a Rehabilitation Psychologist.
What is Rehabilitation Psychology?
The nature of the work consists of:
- Diagnosing patients
- Will be responsible for assessing patients to determine what's wrong
- and Recommend a coarse of treatment
Advantages and Benefits
- Fast job growth(28% 2010-2020)
- Multiple employment options
- You get to have a positive influence on people
- Flexible hours
- Rewarding work
- and High earnings
- Usually requires a Master's Degree
- You will need a licence to work at a private practice
- Assisting people can be stressful
Skills needed to be successful
You need to have:
- Caring and Understanding skills
- Good Communication and Listening skills
- and Good Note Taking skills
School Psychologist, Social Psychologist, Military Psychologist, Psychotherapist, etc...
I plan to go to the University of Denver college of Professional and Continuing Studies
Location: 2211 S Josephine St. Denver, CO 80210
Visit their website at http://universitycollege.du.edu/
This college offers on campus housing.
Admissions/Placement Tests: ACT or SAT
Application Form: $60 Application Fee
- Application: January 15th
- SAT/ACT scores must be received: February 4th
Amount of deposit (after acceptance): $300 (with a plan), or $500
Total annual cost:
- Full year: $60,951
- 3/4th of a year: $49,687
Tuition and fees:
- Tuition: about $571
- Tech fee: about $4 per credit for each class taken
- GIS lab fee: about $50 per class (online and on campus)
- Master's application: about $75 for each application
- Certified application: about $50 for each application
- Tuition Deferral: about $45 per quarter (non-refundable)
- Health insurance (international students only): varies
- Books and Supplies: $3,132
- Room and Board: $4,386
Grants and Scholarships are available (these do NOT need to be paid back). They also offer loans(all loans NEED to be paid back).
Financial aid Deadlines;
- Winter Quarter: October 24th, 2014
- Spring Quarter: January 30th, 2015
- Summer Quarter: April 17, 2015
Financial aid forms: FAFSA
Percent of undergraduates receiving financial aid: 84%
Average amount awarded to undergraduates: $34,510
- Men's Basketball
- Women's Basketball
- Men's Golf
- Women's Golf
- Men's Lacrosse
- Women's Lacrosse
- Men's Soccer
- Women's Soccer
- Swim and Dive
- Men's Tennis
- Women's Tennis
Clubs and Organizations:
- Grilling Society
- Queer Straight Alliance
- Geek Life
DegreeDirectory.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Oct. 2014.
"Psychology Careers | CareersInPsychology.org." Psychology Careers | CareersInPsychology.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Oct. 2014.
"What Is Rehabilitation Psychology?" YouTube. YouTube, 29 July 2014. Web. 20 Oct. 2014.
"Why I Chose DU." YouTube. YouTube, 06 Aug. 2009. Web. 20 Oct. 2014.