The genotype is A and a
If A= yellow flowers and a= blue flowers, there is a 1/2 chance that there could be either a blue or yellow flower.
There are 2 homozygous outcomes and 2 heterozygous outcomes.
Offspring that result from sexual reproduction are likely to have more diverse characteristics than offspring that result from asexual reproduction because when you reproduce asexually then you're reproducing using all the same genes but if you reproduce sexually then you have 2 different types of genes going around.
1. Adaptation= the act of adapting.
2. Evolution= any process of formation or growth/ development
3. Species = a class of individuals having some common characteristics.
4. Gene= the basic physical unit of heredity.
5. Genetic= pertaining or according to genetics.
6. Sexual reproduction= reproduction involving the union of gametes.
7. Asexual reproduction= reproduction, as budding, fission, or sporeformation, not involving the union of gametes.
In order for us to understand how all living organisms are related, they are arranged into different groups.
Sexual reproduction is critical for maintaining genetic diversity within a species because it combines the parents’ genetic material, resulting in offspring with unique genetic blueprints—different from either parent.