Mini Research Paper
Human rights are violated every day. People are killed, persecuted, tortured, and mistreated because of who they are and what they believe. To bring awareness to these violations of human rights is a noble cause.
Watch the video above to help you understand human rights
Universal Declaration of Human Rights
The United Nations developed a Universal Declaration of Human Rights in December 1948. These articles define the rights that every human should have available to them.
You will research a humanitarian crisis and create a Tackk informing your audience about the history, evolution, and reality of that humanitarian crisis. You'll consider these main points:
- What is the crisis? Provide information explaining the crisis to your audience.
- History - how did this crisis come about? What are some of the causes?
- Which article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (above) is being misused? In other words, why is this a humanitarian crisis?
- What is being done to stop this crisis? Who are the major players trying to help?
Your Tackk must have:
- At least 4 pieces of multimedia
- Information about the 5 Ws (who, what, where, when, why) of your chosen human rights crisis.
- A piece using the Universal Declaration of Human Rights analyzing why it is a human rights crisis
- At least 5 paragraphs of written text
- A reference list at the end of the Tackk
- A well-designed visual representation of your information