Volleyball Unit 2014
A game for two teams, of six players each, in which a ball is hit by hand over a net, the aim being to score points by making the ball hit the ground on the opponent's side of the court.
(Cognitive) Essential Question
1. How does strategy help a team achieve the goal of winning?
2. How can you compare and contrast a game of volleyball to another sport?
(Psychomotor) Students will be able to…
-execute a forearm pass and hit a stationary target 4 out of 5 times
-execute an overhead pass and hit a stationary target 4 out of 5 times
-execute a serve (overhand or underhand) and hit a stationary target 4 out of 5 times.
2. Overhead Pass (Set)
3. Forearm Pass (Bump)
4. Overhand Serve
5. Underhand Serve
1. Demonstrate teamwork
2. Demonstrate safe game play
Know rules and keep yourself in check
3. Demonstrate sportsmanship
- Understand differences in abilities of game play