All About Bessie Smith
- Blues Singer
- Violent, crude, and rough lady
- Greatest Classical Blues Singer in the 1920s
- Born 1895 and died 1937
- She started as a street musician
- Records were sold more than 750,000 copies
- Recorded with many jazz musicians in the era
- One of the BIGGEST African-American star of the 1920s
- Her life was cut short because she was in a car accident in 1937
- A slow moving truck rolled over her left arm and ribs.
- She bled to death when she reached the hospital she was dead.
"Bessie Smith." Bessie Smith Red Hot Jazz. N.p., n.d. Web. .