Students Against Teen Suicide
Suicide doesn't end the chances of life getting worse; it eliminates the possibility of it ever getting any better.
Mission: As a national organization, Students Against Teen Suicides' (SATS) mission is to prevent and spread awareness of teen suicide. Working towards our goal, we want to build local awareness, offer counseling and school assemblies, and support communities taking action. Please support our work to save the lives of young people.
Ways to Help SATS: SATS is willing to raise awareness by hosting school presentations across the United States, taking up money donations to put into this organization, and spreading the word about teen suicide in our local community. We also want to spread awareness by hosting event where teens will gather and socialize while our advocates inform the teens about teen suicide.
Statistics of 2014
- 2 million attempts of teen suicide in the United States.
- Over 700,000 teens received medical attention, after their attempt.
- 1,621 deaths among 19,882,596 adolescents in the age group ranging from ages 13-19.
- In teenagers age 15-19, suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death in the United States.
Contact Information: Email: email@example.com
Activities Involving SATS & How to Help:
- ''Run Away From Suicide" Color Run 1k & 5k fun run $10 sign-up due at registration
- "Don't Do It" Party where teens dealing with suicide can come to socialize with others, talk to our counselors, and spend time with other teenagers. Refreshments will be provided along with games and other fun activities.
- We also allow volunteer counselors, who go to different schools in Colbert, Franklin, and Lauderdale County, to speak to kids having thoughts about suicide.
- Other people willing to work with SATS can volunteer to speak at local schools and spread the word about our organization's mission.