Chapter 14: Savings and Investing
Learning Goals for Chapter 14:
- I can compare and contrast the benefits of savings and investing
- I can list and explain the various types of investment alternatives available to individuals and to businesses. For example: stocks, RSPs, bonds, mutual funds, and savings accounts
Today, you will examine the choices consumers have when it comes to their money. What would you do with money you have left over after consuming? You can either put it toward savings or use it for investing.
You will work on the following today:
- Read pp. 435-440 and answer the Review Questions
- You will find an activity on the 4students drive--> Saving for Home Repairs
- Then, you will work on the Chapter Notes - Savings Plans (in the 4students drive)
Once you are done, you can review your responses with a partner.