- Capital: Kingston
- Major Language: The official language of Jamaica is English. Jamaicans primarily speak an English-African Creole language
- Location: located in the northern Caribbean, approximately 145 km south of Cuba and 160 km west of Haiti,
- average age and life expectancy: Life expectancy at birth: total population: 73.48 years
male: 71.87 years
female: 75.17 years (2014 est.)
- Landforms: the eastern mountains, the central valleys and plateaus, and the coastal plains. The most elevated area is the Blue Mountains
- Architectural: Kingston Pop 937,700 , Saint Andrew Pop 583,958 , Saint Catherine Pop 145,018
- Bodies of water: Carribean sea. To the East is the Gulf of Mexico & to the west is the Atlantic Ocean.
- major cities: Kingston, and Montego Bay
- weather: The climate of Jamaica is considered tropical with hot, humid temperatures and a temperate interior.
- yearly rainfall: Most rainfall (rainy season) is seen in May, June and October.
- temperature: On average, the temperatures are always high.
- effect: Climate is the average state of the weather. And weather is concerned with daily changes in temperature, wind, cloud and rain in general the state of the atmosphere. When we examine the climate of Jamaica we are chiefly concerned with
- music: mento, ska, rocksteady, reggae, dub music, dancehall, ska jazz.
- folk music: Jamaican folk music
- clothing: Traditional clothing for women in Jamaica consists of a dress or skirt and top which are constructed using calico fabrics. Calico is a lightweight fabric--similar in pattern to plaid--that is made locally in Jamaica, and commonly used in the local fashion. Much of the traditional clothing in Jamaica is made by hand by the local villagers. According to Maps of the World, women generally accompany their outfits with a headscarf which they wrap around their hair to keep their locks off their shoulders. Traditional Jamaican clothing for men consists of trousers, which can be long or short, and a short-sleeved shirt.