The Israeli Palestinian
- Which religious conflict did you research?The Israeli Palestinian
- Which religions are involved in this specific conflict?Muslims and Jewish
- Where did this take conflict take place? (region, country, or countries)The land of Israel.
- What is the population breakdown for each religion involved in the conflict?Jews bought land and started building up the Jewish community there.
- What are the dominant religions in this region or country? Why might this be?Middle East search for an equitable solution must come to grips with the root cause of the conflict.
- How are these religions involved in this conflict different (beliefs and practices)?The conventional wisdom is that, even if both sides are at fault, the Palestinians are irrational “terrorists” who have no point of view worth listening to.
- How are these religions involved in this conflict similar (beliefs and practices)?All subsequent crimes on both sides inevitably follow from this original injustice.
- What are the characteristics of the place where the conflict is taking place (social issues, economic problems, or political unrest)?Land bought by the Jewish National Fund was held in the name of the Jewish people and could never be sold or even leased back to Arabs also a situation which continues to the present.
- How and when did the conflict begin?19th century and Jews bought land and started building up the Jewish community there that's how the conflict started.
- What is the basis of the conflict? What is causing tension between these groups?They were met with increasingly violent opposition from the Palestinian Arabs, presumably stemming from the Arabs’ inherent anti-Semitism.