Wake County - June 17 Breakouts
What can teaching and learning look like for today's students? We will use this protocol and the resources below as we explore this question.
- Have each person at your table select one of the resources below to read, watch & explore. No two people should be exploring the same resource within your group.
- READ / WATCH your resource.
- SELECT or CREATE one (1) statement that stands out to you as either an "a-ha" statement, a statement with which you strongly agree, or a statement that provides you with a new perspective.
- Graffiti WRITE your phrase or statement on your chart paper at your table.
- DISCUSS your resource with your table. In 60 seconds or less, each person will take turns sharing why they chose their statement.
- Everyone else will LISTEN and use the chart paper to free write individual and collective thoughts on the chart paper as you discuss as a group. Free write as much as you would like from the discussion.
- Based on your small group conversations, CIRCLE the EIGHT (8) most important words on your poster as a group. These words may be found in either your statements or from your free writing.
- Collect your eight words to create a definition statement. Put your statement in the google slideshow linked in the button below.