By: Alyssa Carpenter and Kelsie Fitz
Anorexia-Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder that makes people lose more weight than is considered healthy for their age and height.
* An estimated 10-15% of anorexic people are male.
* A person with anorexia may have a fear of being fat and gaining weight.
* Anorexia usually begins at a young age, typically around when hitting puberty.
* Some of the " techniques" used are excessive exercise, high amounts of laxatives and not eating.
* People with anorexia do eat but they limit their calories.
* People with anorexia can get treatment but if they do not they could risk their death at an early age.
* anorexia can take over someones life and become an obsession.
* 8 million people suffer from an eating disorder.
* One in 200 woman suffer from anorexia.
* Nearly half of Americans know someone who struggles with an eating disorder.