Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class made by Kaitlin Hennessey
Angelina Jolie was born on June 4, 1975 in Los Angeles.
- Parents got divorced.
- Family moved a lot due to financial problems.
- Was very depressed when younger.
- Was considered a "misfit" since her parents weren't wealthy.
- Cut herself to help with depression.
- After she got through the stage of depression, began to take an interest in acting.
When very young, Angelina was happy and had a great life. But when her parents divorced when she was young, her life took a hard turn. She lived with her mom and brother. They had to move a lot because her mom did not have much money. Angelina had to go to many different schools and often had a hard time making friends since she moved so much. She was also bullied when young because she hadn't grown into her large eyes and lips. Angelina soon began to cut herself due to bullying and depression. At school, she was considered a "misfit" because her parents did not have a lot of money. When she finally got over depression, Angelina realized that she was really interested in acting and began to take it seriously.
People Who Influenced Angelina's Life
- Marcheline Bertand (Angelina's Mom)- Supported Angelina through her entire life and helped her become who she is today.
- James Haven (Angelina's Brother)- He is Angelina's biggest fan and they always had a good relationship even when young.
- Angelina is a goodwill ambassador.
- Played Lola in the animated film Shark Tale.
- Used to be married to Billy Bob Thorton.
- Adopted two children.
- Went to Cambodia to help people who were hurt and sick.
- Her parents are divorced.
- Golden Globe award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in George Wallace.
- Second Golden Globe award for her role in Gia.
- Screen Actors Guild Award.
- Emmy nomination also for Gia.
- Became the Goodwill Ambassador for UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees).
The Theme Of Angelina's Life
The theme of Angelina's life was is hard work pays off and we create our own destiny. Also we should never take stuff for granted.
Word of Advice and What Angelina has Taught Me
- "I don't believe in regrets. I would do everything in my life again exactly as I did it, because it got me to where I'm at."
- "I honestly want to help. I don't believe I'm different from other people. I think we all warn justice and equality. We all want a chance for a life with a meaning. All of us would like to believe that if we were in a bad situation someone will help us."
- "It's an amazing thing to take care of a child and to have a child trust and love you. That makes me feel like I somehow have a purpose. I didn't know what I would be like as a parent. So, I've learned that I love being a mom. If he's OK, if he's healthy, nothing else matters."
I learned from Angelina that when things are bad you shouldn't give up on yourself. I also learned how it is important to not take stuff for granted because there is many other people in the world who are hurt or can't afford the same stuff I can.
"Angelina Jolie in Maleficent." E! Online. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2015.
"Iraq: Angelina Jolie Visits Displaced Iraqis." YouTube. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2015.
"LaineyGossip." Angelina Jolie. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2015.
Lynette, Rachel. Angelina Jolie. Detroit: Lucent, 2007. Print.
"Maleficent UK Trailer Starring Angelina Jolie | OFFICIAL Disney HD." YouTube. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2015.