by Brittany Dickerson
What is Tissue?
is a distinct type of material humans and animals are made from.
Four Types of Tissue
Classification and Location
Specialization of Epithelium
- Lateral cell surfaces.
- 2. Maintain close cell-to-cell contact and form covering sheets.
- 3. Epithelium structurally and functionally polarized to increase efficiency of absorption and transport.
Where can the four types of tissue be found?
- Epithelial tissue can be found on the surface of the body.
- Connective tissue is so abundant that it is found throughout the body.
- Muscle tissue is found all around the bones.
- Nerve tissue can be found all inside the body.