The easiest cheesecake to make
- 2 rolls of crescent rolls (seamless is best)
- 2 boxes (1 lb) of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
- 1 and 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon (more to taste!)
First, make the filling that will be inside the cheesecake. Cream together the cream cheese, vanilla and 3/4 cup of sugar.
Next, cream together the topping in a separate bowl from the filling. Cream together the butter, the 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1 tsp of cinnamon.
Now, we can start assembling the cheesecake with the follow steps:
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan
- Lay 1 roll of the crescent roll in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Try to stretch it to cover as much of the bottom as possible and even to let it come up a little on the side to hold the filling better. But really, this taste delicious whether or not the filling stays inside the crescent rolls :).
- Spread the cream cheese filling evenly on top of the layer of crescent roll in step 2.
- Lay the 2nd roll of crescent roll over the filling and try to stretch it to cover the entire area.
- Spread the butter, sugar, and cinnamon topping on top of the 2nd layer of crescent roll.
- Sprinkle more cinnamon on top if desired!
- Bake at 325F for 20-25 min until the crescent roll edges are golden brown.
- Eat hot, or cold. Both are delicious!
You can reduce the amount of butter used to around 3/4 of a stick of butter or even 1/2 stick of butter. Still comes out delicious.
I have also tried layering in pie filling on top of the cream cheese filling before the 2nd layer of the crescent roll is put on and it is decadent! Try blueberry pie filling, peach, and apple!