Announcing the 2015
Southport College Hair Competition
This years competition brief is Avant Garde
Carefully Read the Judges’ Brief overleaf;
– The model’s hair can be any length, texture or colour but has to be inspirational and show skill in the colour, style/cut and finish.
– The colour work should reflect the professional difference showing off the expertise and ability of the colourist to create a bespoke look.
– The hair must be in optimal condition and even if the model’s total look is amazing, if the hair is in bad condition the model will not be considered as a Regional or Grand Finalist.
– A cut, if featured, must show exceptional technical skill.
– The finish on the hair has to be outstanding and must not be overloaded with product.
– Contestants must demonstrate they understand the Autumn/Winter 2014/15 catwalk trends
– Models don’t have to be professional but they have to be confident, self-assured, own their look and walk convincingly down the catwalk.
– The hair must suit the model’s face and bone structure.
– Make-up should complement and enhance the overall look, not detract from it.
– The total look should be original, modern and inspirational.
– Whilst judged on total look, this is a hairdressing competition so the hair will be the overriding factor in any decision making process.