Copyright & Licenses
By: Lauren Reinecke
1. Public Domain- there is no copyright or the copyright has expired because it's too old.
2. Freeware- copyrighted work that you can copy, use, or give away for free
3. Shareware- copyrighted information you use for free for a while before you buy it.
Ex. Microsoft Windows
4. All Rights Reserved- only allows the purchaser to use it, won't allow anyone else to use it or change in any way
Ex. any book sold for profit
5. Open Source- software that is coded to allow people to improve it