Tuesday, November 5 at ECC from 9:30-11:30
Tuesday we will continue developing our Personal Learning Networks specifically:
Finding, organizing and engaging with your PLN by selecting and using digital tools such as Twitter, RSS Feeds, and iTunes in your personal and work settings.
Develop ways to share your new learning with staff.
Before we meet:
- We will be using several digital tools that require logons. The more of these connections that are made prior to the session, the more efficient we can be with learning inside of the tools.
Web Browser for Session - Chrome
- Logon with your student gmail account (email@example.com...)
- Check out this Chrome 'help' item for assistance in logging on
- If you do not have a student Google account, please contact the helpdesk (ext 7078)
- If you don't currently have a Twitter account, you will want to create one
- What is Twitter? Twitter in Plain English
- Add TweetDeck to your Chrome browser - you will 'sign-on' with your Twitter account
- During this session we will organize your TweetDeck to maximize efficiencies
- To use a Google Community you have to be a Google + user
- Open your browser and go to www.google.com . Make sure you are logged on with your student gmail account and look to see if there is a + before your name (see image below).
- If the + is there, you are done with this step, if not, click on your name and it will mention upgrading to Google Plus. Select that option and follow the directions. Once you finish this step, you will have the + before the name.
- To access the Google Community, click HERE and 'join'.
- Once you access the community - click "add a comment" to the welcome post and share some thoughts on what you would most like to get out of this session together.
HAVING ISSUES WITH LOGONS?
Join us 30 minutes prior to the session Tuesday for logon-assistance. We will be on hand at the ECC at 9:00 am.
We are excited to be your guides
...to help think through and create ways to connect with others across the world. We realize it can be scary to try something new, but we know...