Let's Talk about SST and 504
League City Elementary is Moving Forward!!
- 504 Accommodations
SST and RTI
(Student Success Initiative & Response to Intervention)
The purpose of SST is to problem-solve and share interventions to assist students who are having academic, social, and emotional challenges. Assessment and intervention strategies are administered by the campus Student Success Team (SST). The SST may consist of an administrator, a counselor, the general education teacher, the dyslexia education specialist, diagnostician, LSSP, etc.
Response to Intervention (RTI) is the practice of providing high-quality instruction or intervention matched to student needs and using learning rate over time and level of performance to make important educational decisions.
SST process at LCE
- SST meeting will be held every Wednesday in Belinda's office. You will sign up using the SST folder located in Belinda's box.
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday for upper grades and 2nd and 4th Wednesday for lower grades.
- SST will begin in soon. We will begin with 911 students first, Belinda will email you if she signs you up.
- SST Process
- What to bring for SST
- Cumulative Folder
- Work Samples (3-4 weeks)
- Report card and CBA/TAKS scores
- Results of Vision and Hearing Screening
- Year-to-date Attendance Record
Be prepared to discuss:
- Academic and Behavioral Concerns
- Documentation of Parent Communication including dates of meetings/phone conferences
- Has student been retained, if so, when?
- Prior services provided to student
- Prior Referrals including date
- Outside tutoring
- Any known health concerns
- Results of instructional interventions
- Documentation/Monitoring of interventions
- SST conversation starters