Thank you for your interest in the Stint Ireland program. This handy dandy packet is your guide to what our program is all about. We hope it will provide answers for most of your questions about Stint.
- We're different. We're based and focused solely on providing experiences here in Ireland. We are committed to showing you the best of this marvelous country.
- We provide a completely tailored service, working with you to find the best internship opportunity for you.
- We boast the most extensive network of opportunities in Dublin (and it’s constantly growing!) Your perfect match is out there and we will find it for you.
- The Stint experience extends past the placement. We take care of everything from your housing and visa arrangements to planning socials and excursions. We are readily available for support.
Getting To Know You
Firstly, we want to get know you and have a general sense of what you would like to get from your experience. Once we have done that, we will start looking at opportunities for you. We will compile a unique profile, with your CV and two reference letters, to share with potential placements.
Our process is dialogue; we will make sure to share our ideas and any placement options with you for your feedback. When you're happy with a potential opportunity, we will go ahead and set up an interview for you.
We are in touch with over 1000 different organizations in various fields so rest assured, your perfect internship is waiting for you.
The €2000 fee will only be charged once you have accepted your placement.
Visas & Insurance
Once you are placed, we will guide you through the visa process and provide all the supporting paperwork. We arrange fully comprehensive premium and travel insurance through our partner, StuCard.
If you plan to be in Ireland for over 90 days, you will need to apply for a Working Holiday Authorisation which you can do directly with the Consulate, see: http://www.irishconsulate.org/home/index.aspx?id=80877.
We offer a range of housing options to suit your budget, preferences, and internship location. Our housing choices will put you in the midst of all the buzz in Dublin. Where would you like to live? It's your choice!
- with a friendly Irish host family.
- in a shared city centre apartment with a fellow program participant.
- in a shared house with fellow program participants.
After sorting out all the nitty gritty stuff, we await your arrival (where did we put that red carpet?) When you arrive:
- we will arrange transport to the accommodation from the airport.
- we will schedule a welcome orientation to cover information about housing, the local area, practical tips, and safety advice.
Our magical mystery orientation pack includes:
- a local pay-as-you-go smartphone preloaded with credit, useful numbers, and apps; an emergency contact card with emergency numbers; a map of Dublin; and a welcome gift.
The Stint Community
Here at Stint, we strive to create and foster a vibrant community that you can be proud to be a part of. With this in mind, we:
- arrange regular social events in Dublin for you to get to know other Stint Ireland participants. This may be a music night, dinner, comedy, theatre, city tour, or just some casual pints at the pub.
- arrange regular trips around Ireland. These might be in the form of a day trip to the Wicklow mountains, a weekend surfing trip to Sligo, or a walk along the magnificent Cliffs of Moher.
- have a Facebook group where you may get to know other program participants and plan your own events independent of Stint.
- are constantly negotiating discounts with local restaurants, cafes, tour providers, and hostels.
The Merry Stint Team
Not to toot our own horn, but we are pretty awesome! You get a dedicated Stint team, ready to provide support when you need it. We are not your mother though. Think of us as a big sibling. We want you to go and have some fun (while gaining valuable career experience at the same time)! Good deal, eh?
We don't just drop you in the middle of the ocean and assume you can swim well on your own. During your time in Ireland, we will:
- meet with you for a midway 1:1 session to get feedback on your internship and experience.
- provide career development workshops covering networking, CV writing, and interview technique.
- keep up to date with seminars and events relevant to your field, and introduce you to relevant industry professionals.
- have an exit interview to help you communicate your international experience on your CV and for future interviews and applications.
- provide a written reference letter from Stint Ireland.
The program fee of €2,000 includes:
- Internship placement
- Airport transfer from Dublin airport to Dublin accommodation
- Housing placement (not rent)
- Local pay-as-you-go smartphone
- Visa advice
- Welcome orientation
- Arrival pack
- Transport guidance
- Regular social events & excursions
- Local discounts
- Career guidance & mentoring
- 24 hr emergency support
Average Weekly Cost of Living
€200 - Rent
€40 - Food
€30 - Dublin Travel
€30 - Ireland Trips
€50 - Entertainment
€5 - Phone Credit
It's Your Story
Dublin really is a fantastic city, full of opportunities, and we would love to share this experience with you.
We want you to have memories and stories for a lifetime. Years from now, you'll be telling everyone about that one time you lived in Ireland for a few months and... well, this story is yours to finish!
We hope to hear from you soon!
Melanie, Aoife, and Jeffrey