Trestle Theatre is a threatre focusing on masks and physical movement. Trestle is a charity with a mission to engage child, young people and adults in creative activity, which aims to enhance the cultural quality of their experiences.
- Trestle has started it's theatre production at 1981.
- Trestle Arts Base in St Albans is home to Trestle Theatre Company
- All of their wok has masks incorporated in them.
- Collaborations with artists from India, Spain, Eastern Europe and Africa and the UK have inspired their work during the past decade.
- Trestle is one of the leading providers of school workshops, teacher training and participation programmes in the country.
- Occasionally run masks, half masks, physical theatre and bespoke workshops
How They Work
- Use of improvisation
- Directors talks the actors through to determine the actor's types of character and how they should be feeling.
- Eliminates the "overthinking" part of the actor.
- The audience/director sets the mood, the setting for the actors and determines their objectives, their goals. Then the scene is maid from there.
Trestle Theatre. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2015. <http://www.trestle.org.uk/>.
Working with Trestle Masks: Skills and Ideas. Youtube. Youtube, 17 Apr. 2012. Web. 12 May 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=349CvQdX5B4>.