Suggestions for meals to gain lean muscle
Try eggs or eggwhite omelets with soy cheese are a high source of protein, and perfect for building lean muscle.
For a mealLean beef (lean source of protein), rice and fresh veggies. The perfect amount is 20 to 30 grams.
Knowing what supplements to take could make all the difference in your strength levels. Recommended supplements include:
- Caffeine for increased energy and muscle strength (
- Arginine for increased blood flow
- Creatine for a strength builder
- Beta-alanine for increased strength and endurance
- When lifting a lot of weight, stress is placed on your body, and it is critical to protect your muscles by eating the right amount of protein. Good sources of quality protein include eggs, beef, poultry, fish, dairy, whey, casein, and soy.
- Eat carbs earlier in the day, especially slow-burning carbs such as oatmeal , brown rice, and sweet potatoes.
- For men, it is critically important to get enough saturated fats- which have been shown to increase testosterone levels . Beef, olive oil, mixed nuts, avocados and peanut butter are great sources of monounsaturated fats. Omega-1 fat sources include: salmon, mackerel, white tuna, flax-seed oil and walnuts. It’s best to get 30% of your bodily calories from fat- 10% of which is saturated.
- Calories are not evil when working out- calories are an essential part of workout. If not enough calories are taken in, your body will go into starvation mode, conserving its fat stores, and will not allow for adequate muscle regeneration, growth, or strength gains.