Cleveland Summer Festivals
If you missed the Taste of Tremont or the Irish Cultural Festival this past weekend, we've got a few more jamborees that you won't want to miss. So throw these dates on your schedule:
1. Twins Day Festival
- When: August 1-3
- Where: Twinsburg
2. Lakewood Arts Festival
- When: August 2 (Saturday)
- Where: Downtown Lakewood
3. Cuyahoga County Fair
- When: August 2-10
- Where: Cuyahoga County Fair Ground, Berea
4. National Hamburger Festival
- When: August 9-10
- Where: Downtown Akron (Lock 3 Park)
5. Little Italy Feast of the Assumption
- When: August 14-17
- Where: Little Italy
1. August 1-3: Twins Day Festival (Twinsburg): Since 1976, Twinsburg, OH is host to the world's largest gathering of Twins. Don't believe me? Check out a Guinness World Records book next time you stop by your library. So grab your twin, or lookalike, and head on down for a fun time at the twin-palooza!
2. August 2 (Saturday): Lakewood Arts Festival: This local exhibition in downtown Lakewood brings upwards of 160 artists from across the country. Along with this, food vendors, live music, and other products are also available throughout the day. Don't miss out on seeing some awesome fine arts and crafts from both the local and national level!
3. August 2-10: Cuyahoga County Fair: This week long event gives you the classic fair fun. From the amusement rides, demolition derby, and carnival foods, you can't pass up stopping by for a day to get your fair fix. Along with the usual livestock entertainment, the weeklong event ends with one of your 90's favorites. Vertical Horizon is set to play on Saturday, August 9th for $12 bucks on the day of the show (save a few bucks if you buy in advance: Tickets) at 8 PM. If you forgot, here's a refresher of the 90's group for ya:
4. August 9-10: National Hamburger Festival: From the hamburger eating contests to the live music, this festival brings the noise. With burger vendors coming from all across the Akron area, you can't afford to miss out on all this great food all in one spot. So sign up to bob for burgers, compete in the amateur burger eating contest, or just go and enjoy the food and live music down at the Lock.
5. August 14-17: Little Italy Feast of the Assumption: With a collaboration of religious tradition, Italian food, and carnivals, this festival brings a mix of food, faith, and fun. The streets of Cleveland's Little Italy are consumed by thousands of people. For these 4 days, traffic is closed off on Mayfield Rd. for the carnival rides and Italian food vendors to take its place. With this, everyone from Cleveland can turn a little Italian during the Feast of the Assumption in Little Italy.