(chapter books, picture books, easy readers)
Fiction is any book that is partly or fully imagined by the author. There are many types of fiction.
Realistic fiction, although untrue, could actually happen.
- Cupcake Diaries, Junie B. Jones, Andrew Clements books
- Lionel in the Fall, Ling & Ting
- Patricia Polacco books, Snowy Day, Building Our House
A fantasy book involves magic and supernatural things in the plot. The story could not happen in real life because of the magical elements (time travel, magical creatures, magical place.) Sometimes the magical part of the story is one thing, like traveling back in time, and sometimes the story can be set in a magical place with only magical elements.
- Magic Tree House, Harry Potter
- Jackie and Me
- Charlotte's Web
- Chrysanthemum, Elephant & Piggie