TES1: séquence immigration
Questions on the video
- What is President Obama’s general opinion about the American immigration system?
- What will his executive orders offer undocumented workers? Find the 3 conditions under which they can apply to this new advantage.
- President Obama makes it clear that his new decision will not include the same advantages as other Americans: find 2 of them.
- The authorities and security agencies will focus on 3 sorts of people who will be deported: which ones?
- Young undocumented immigrants who do not work will be protected (“shielded”) by specific measures: how long will they be protected? Under which conditions? Find 2.
- President Obama justifies this protection: how? What are his arguments?
- Finally, how many illegal immigrants are there in the US? How many will benefit from these executive orders?
VOUS POURREZ VERIFIER VOTRE COMPREHENSION EN ALLANT SUR LE SITE DE VOA ET EN LISANT LE SCRIPT DE LA VIDEO
MAPPING YOUR ORAL EXAM:
A- Introduction: explain how immigration has shaped the USA with notes which you took during the presentation in the classroom;
B- Describe the nature of the three following documents:
1- The Arrival (graphic novel, no dialogue, the immigrant's point of view, emotions...)
2- Jacob 3- Juan
Say what the three immigrants have in common (the fear to be sent back, the hope of a better future)
C- Explain the present situation of Latino immigrants today, legal or illegal, and the evolution of American politics