Lesson Plan #3: Historical Figure Facebook Project Tackk's by @hescribner
(Click Here For Example Tackk)
GOAL: This lesson will help students to produce creative web pages on Tackk.com to display the Historical Figure Facebook Project. This lesson includes adding Titles, Headings, Text, Images, and Keywords. Make sure the students create accounts on Tackk.com so the pages do not get deleted.
PREREQUISITES: Students should have created GMAIL/EMAIL accounts prior to creating Tackk.com accounts. Students should have E-Portfolios (Websites) created online prior to creating Tackk.com pages. Students should have a working knowledge of different file types (JPEG, PDF, GIF, PNG, Text Files). Students should know how to CUT/PASTE text. Students should know how to create hyperlinks on websites and within email or other documents. Students should be familiar with the Tackk.com console and how to create basic Tackk.com pages. Students should understand classroom, school and school district rules and regulations about online safety and security, and be aware of rules governing online content and appropriate use of equipment as outline by school policy.
Students should create Facebook Pages using the posts on the Class Blog (Click Here)
ALL Resources for the Facebook Pages are available on the class blog as well. After completing the PowerPoint Template you must EXPORT your slides as Picture Files to Post Online.
CORE CURRICULUM LINKS
NETS 2007; PA State Standards CORE: Reading/Writing; PA 3.7.7&11 Sect.C
1. Students will successfully login and create a new web page on Tackk.com
2. Students will add Images, Text, Headlines, Keywords, and Active Hyperlinks
to Tackk.com Web Page
3. Students will post the individual pages of the Facebook Powerpoint in a slide show on the Tackk. Please add links to information and find a video that corresponds to the person's history being displayed.
4. Students will finalize the design and layouts of the Web Page and will email the
Tackk.com web link to the instructor for credit. The instructor should also be able
to pull up the website on a Keyword Search on Tackk.com.
SETUP/MATERIALS: Make sure that you have individual workstations with internet access.
Have students complete the Historical Figure Facebook Project listed on the Class Blog.
Open a new Tab on your Web Browser (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
Proceed to Tackk.com and Login to your account
Hit the CREATE Button to start a new Tackk.com Web Page Design
Create a Heading with a Title, Project Name, Class Name, and your email address
Design Your Page by Uploading your images from the EXPORTED Powerpoint Project. Make sure to add Headings, Titles, and at least two to three paragraphs about why you chose this person.
Add your KEYWORDS to the bottom of the Web Page so your page can be found by people interested in this project. Make sure you use at least two keywords (one for your class project, and one for your school), so people can define their search when looking for your awesome work! Finalize your design and once complete, use the FINISH Button to complete your project. Now email your Tackk.com address to your instructor for credit.
1. Site Created in Tackk.com
2. Site includes: Images, Headings, Text, Active Links, Keywords
3. Layout is clean and neatly arranged
4. Grammar, Spelling, and Sentence Structure is correct
5. Site Link Emailed To Instructor
6. Site Can Be Found With Keyword Search
7. Overall Creativity
8. Safety, Security, and Appropriate Use Policy Observed
Post links to this Tackk and send out notices to visit on Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) if available.
NOTE: Search Tackkboard for #HFFacebook2013 for examples of pages already posted!
Lesson Submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org