"Be the best version of yourself"
Scroll Down to view #SummerinCLE
Data, Information, Knowledge, Wisdom
On my run today, I decided to document and share wisdom so our family both present and future will have a method to overcome life's challenges and struggles. Call it a plan B, an eject button - call it whatever - if you don't have a plan you are planning to fail. It took me a LONG time to fully understand the meaning of that. I've heard beliefs are formed from teachings and experiences - so let me pass along some wisdom (my plan) to create a framework for others to build off of - much like open source software. Below is a list of topics and stories that I will write about it in the weeks to come - they've all come via teachings and/or experiences and I will give credit where credit is due.
- Role vs Identity
- Roof, windows, doors
- Check, Act, Plan, Do - but I thought it is Plan, Do, Check, Act?
- Right way and wrong way
- Role playing
- Talents, Needs, Passion
- Be good at learning fast and communication skills
- DISC profile
- Communication -Trust - Execution - Success
- 5 sides of a story
- 7 Levels of awarness
- Don't just bring a problem, bring a solution
- Raising daughters and teaching them what a friendship is and what is not
- Playing to win, not - not to loose
- Why knowing your purpose is important
- Jar of golf balls, pebbles, sand and beer
- "Because I said I would"
- What exactly does doing your best mean?
- Passion or Money - what comes first
- Sports & competition
- Do your best, have fun, listen to your coach
- Delayed Gratification - The downside of microwave
- Behavior fuels your attitude
- Eject buttons and fighter jets
- Listeners and Talkers
- When I read your report card....what was important to me and it's not what you think
- No such thing as trying
- Money is a satisfier not a long term motivator
- your body is a temple not a woodshed
- Phyical body, Emotions & meaning, Relationships, Time, Work/Career, Finances, Celebrate and contribute
- Family traditions
- Bring the future to the present
- Today's it's energy management not time management
- Keep your guard up at all times
- Pain is a wonderful teacher
- Your mind is a terrible master but is a great servant
- Pay attention to behavior not words - especially when you date
- Lead, follow, or get out of the way
- Karpman drama triangle - Victim, Persecutor, Rescuer
- Faith moves mountains
- Learn innovation
- Learn how to code - this is the fastest way to learn the meaning of "how to use your brain and think"
- Being a professional - you have to practice, like an athlete
- Love can't buy respect, but respect can buy love
- You can't change someone's behavior unless you change their beliefs
- My fear of seeing myself what I could have become
- AC DC's song "It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll"
- People focused or Results oriented - what are you?
#SummerinCLE - Contest Entry:
Downtown Bike Rides
Be sure to ride over the Detroit Superior and Lorain Carngie Bridges
Along the way be sure to take breaks for some ice cream or an adult refreshment : )