Business, Management and Administration
Summary: Business Management and Administration careers encompass planning, organizing, directing and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations. Business Management and Administration career opportunities are available in every sector of the economy.
- This occupation, Customer Service Representatives, is projected to have large numbers of job openings.
- This occupation, Medical Secretaries, is expected to grow rapidly and is projected to have large numbers of job openings.
- Financial Analysts-$37.68 hourly, $78,380 annual
- Energy Auditor-$31.78 hourly, $66,090 annual
- This is a Green Increased Demand occupation — green economy activities and technologies are likely to increase the employment demand, but will not lead to significant changes in the work and worker requirements.
- This is a Green Enhanced Skills occupation — green economy activities and technologies are likely to cause significant change to the work and worker requirements. New tasks, skills, knowledge, credentials may be needed. Employment demand remains the same, but there is potential for an increase.
- Computer Operators-Associate's degree
- Correspondence Clerks-High school diploma
Impact of Technology
Technology has impacted this cluster by giving these careers more opportunities to complete their work. It has also made the way they work faster because of all of the equipment required for these jobs.
- Sales Managers
Slower than average (2% to 5%)
- Purchasing Managers
Slower than average (2% to 5%)
Most stressful jobs
- Enlisted Military Personnel-Median salary: $29,000. Many enlisted men and women risk their lives every day. Military officers may not be on the front lines but their lives are often in danger and they have a job that may be even more stressful than worrying for their own well-being: they are responsible for the lives of those under their command.Summary: In most cases, enlisted service personnel perform jobs specific to their own occupational specialty, as opposed to the more generalized command responsibilities of commissioned officers.
- Military general-Median salary: $196,000. Many enlisted men and women risk their lives every day. Military officers may not be on the front lines but their lives are often in danger and they have a job that may be even more stressful than worrying for their own well-being: they are responsible for the lives of those under their command.Summary: An officer of high rank in the army, and in some nations' air forces or marines.
- Firefighter-Median salary: $45,000.Some may think the obvious; “Firefighting” is what makes our job the stressful one it is. While it is true, the actual act of fighting a fire can be and is many times very stressful. It is obviously very dangerous, and it is very difficult, if not impossible to control everything that goes on around you. The fire ground is where many of us are seriously injured and unfortunately sometimes killed.Summary: to protect the community from disaster situations, including house and building fires, and promote an environment of public safety.
4.Airline Pilot-Median salary: $114,000.Summary:To ensure the safety of people in the air and on the ground, early aviation soon required that aircraft be under the operational control of a properly trained, certified pilot at all times, who is responsible for the safe and legal completion of the flight.
5.Event Coordinator-Median salary: $46,000.Summary:Responsible for coordinating events, including planning menus, booking musicians, putting up decorations, ordering flowers, hiring bartenders, and ensuring the event runs smoothly.
6.Public Relations Executive-Median salary: $54,000. Summary:Public relations account executives manage the information between organisations or individuals and the general public. They promote their clients to their intended audiences through news items, press releases and product placements.
7.Senior Corporate Executive-Median salary: $168,000.Summary:A senior executive assistant provides a wide range of support services for a high-level corporate manager. The responsibilities of this role extend beyond that of an executive assistant or secretary and often encompass organizational and administrative functions. Senior executive assistants are often found in large corporations, and their salaries can be elevated if they have specialized industry experience.
8.Newspaper Reporter-Median salary: $36,000.Summary:Newspaper journalists research and write stories for national, regional and local press. As well as news and politics, they report on sports, arts and culture, science and business. They also cover national and local events, entertainment and human interest stories.
9.Police Officer-Median salary: $55,000.Summary:Police officers work in partnership with the communities they serve to maintain law and order, protect members of the public and their property, prevent crime, reduce the fear of crime and improve the quality of life for all citizens. They use a wide range of technology to protect individuals, identify the perpetrators of crime and ensure successful prosecutions against those who break the law.
10.Taxi Driver-Median salary: $23,000.Summary:Responsible for operating a vehicle and driving passengers to and from their destinations. Greets passengers, ascertains destination, watches for traffic signals, waits for passengers to take them to their next destination.