1. abode- a place of residence
2. cluck- The sound made by a hen.
3. foe- an enemy or opponent.
4. infantry- an army that fight on foot.
5. jeweled- to fit with jewels.
6. mosses- common name for byophyto plant.
7. murmuring- a soft, low sound.
8. napperkip- a formal handkerchief.
9. quaint- attractively unusual.
10. slosh- Move irregularly with a splashing sound.
11- solace- comfort or consolation.
12. solitary- done or existing alone.
13. thence- from place or source previously mentioned.
14. thine- archaic form of yours
15. tremulous- shaking or quivering.
Metaphor- Describe one thing as another
Personification- Gives human qualities
Similes- Use like or as to compare two unlike things
symbol- anything that represents something
alliteration- the repeition of constant sounds
repeition- The use of any element of language.
Assonance- The repetition of vowel sounds
Consanance- the repetition of similar consanant.
onomatopoeia- the use of words that imitate sound.
rhyme- the repetition of sounds at the end of words.
meter- the rhythmical pattern in a poem.
Edgar Allen Poe
Free Verse Poem
The Beautiful Tree