Google Docs and Writing
Simple ways to incorporate Google Docs into Writing Instruction
Sign in! Tech in 20 Sign In
- Use Google Docs to create mind maps/graphic organizers during the planning stages of writing.
Sharing and Commenting
- This is the BEST way to provide immediate feedback!
- Students have the ability to share with their classmates, teachers, and other collaborators their work at any stage in the writing process.
- Collaborative editing gives students the opportunity to highlight and comment on a body of writing.
- Real-time chat feature allows for groups within a class to collaborate in an easily managed way.
- Built in dictionary and thesaurus
- Built in Chrome browser for research purposes
- Track revision history
- Auto save!
Ways to Use Google Docs for Writer's Workshop
- Collaborative group projects (MORE CREATIVITY AND COMMUNICATION!)
- Track individual progress through the writing process (LESS PAPER!)
- Peer Workshop (MORE COLLABORATION!)